Phentramin-D is Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back!

Jillian Michaels Holiday Weight Gain Prevention
Jillian Michaels often has diet and exercise advice to offer those who want to get in shape or stay in shape. So, with the holidays right around the corner, it should come as no surprise that she has made some headlines again with her tips on holiday weight gain prevention during this special time of year. But, is her advice really worth following, or are there are some things that you should consider first? Check out the info below to learn more.

The Tips That Jillian Michaels Shared About Preventing Holiday Weight Gain 

According to Shape, Jillian Michaels offered up two tips that she claims are the key to holiday weight gain prevention:

  • If you are going to eat more calories than usual during the holiday season, be sure to balance everything out again by working out more. She claims that, because you gain weight by eating too much, you can undo some of the damage by simply moving your body more. If you can increase the intensity of your workouts, you can burn off any of the extra calories that you ate, so you can reduce the odds of gaining weight.
  • The other tip that Jillian offered up has to do with the 80/20 rule. She says that you should follow this strategy every day if you want to avoid gaining weight, but it can be particularly helpful during the holiday season. Basically, the goal is to set up your meal plans in a way that will have you eating healthy foods 80% of the time, and less healthy foods the remaining 20% of the time. This gives you the chance to balance your diet so that you don’t feel deprived, and it even gives you the chance to set up cheat days to counter some strict days of eating.

Should You Focus So Much on Weight? 

Some experts feel that focusing so much on your weight during the holidays can actually end up doing more harm than good in the end. They are also concerned that Jillian Michaels’ advice isn’t the best because, if you are focused so much on exercising to cancel out the excess calories that you consumed, you’re basically increasing the odds that you’ll end up with an eating disorder. And, some experts also don’t really like the 80/20 rule because it makes you categorize foods as bad or good.

Enjoy the Holidays in a Healthy Way 

Bottom line: during the holidays, it is all about balance. Don’t worry about so many restrictions and rules, and don’t make yourself feel guilty about what you eat. Enjoy the season’s treats without punishing yourself.