Healthy Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
If you are here looking for healthy recipes for Cinco de Mayo that will help you stay in shape while eating delicious holiday meals as well, we are here to give you exactly what you are looking for. So, here are some healthy recipes for Cinco de Mayo:
Tortilla Chips with Salsa
- 5 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onion, diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro, diced finely
- 2 jalapeno chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Take a bowl and mix together the diced vegetables as well as the juice and mix well.
- Add salt, according to taste.
- Serve on top of reduced sodium tortilla chips.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 8 corn cobs
- 6 tablespoons of cilantro, ground
- 10 tablespoons of oil
- 4 tablespoon of roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 tablespoons of cottage cheese or any other healthy cheese, grated
- ½ a tablespoon of minced garlic
- 8 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, shells removed
- 4 teaspoons of oil
- ½ a tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Set your grill to preheat on 180o.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin seeds along with oil, chili and salt.
- Add the cilantro to your food processor along with oil, roasted pumpkin seeds, cheese as well as minced garlic.
- Grind until a chunky paste forms.
- Taste and adjust salt accordingly.
- Grill your corn until both sides are charred and done.
- Serve the corn topped with the chunky pesto sauce.
Cinco de Mayo Dessert Bars
- 12 tablespoons of ground almond
- 2 tablespoons of cooked oats
- 2 dashes of baking soda
- 2 dashes of salt
- 3 teaspoons of golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of tequila
- 6 teaspoons of golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener
- 2 dashes of salt
- Set your oven to preheat on 350o.
- Grease a baking dish lightly and set aside.
- Mix together the ground almond with oats, baking soda, salt, golden syrup and oil.
- Mix well until it reaches a dough like consistency.
- Spread it in the baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Slice the lime and de-seed it.
- In another bowl, mix together the lime with lime juice and tequila. Mix well until the lime breaks apart and add in the eggs, syrup, sweetener and salt. Mix once again.
- Pour this mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness accordingly.
- Pour this syrup over the baked crust.
- Place it in the oven once again and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before slicing and serving!
So, now you have a few great and healthy recipes for Cinco de Mayo and can enjoy your holiday without having to worry about gaining any holiday weight.