Best 100 Calorie Snacks
You can try to diet without snacking each day, but you are probably going to overeat. If you feel too hungry when you are approaching mealtime, you will have a much harder time keeping within the right portion sizes. That makes snacking during a diet a good idea, even though it seems it would be the opposite. What you want to do is to find the right snacks in the right sizes. Here are 20 of the best 100 calorie snacks to get you started.
The Benefits of Consuming 100 Calorie Snacks
You know that counting calories is an important step in just about any weight loss journey. Many people simple can’t reach their slim-down goal without keeping a close eye of how many calories they are consuming, as well as how many calories they are burning. After all, to achieve weight loss, you need to burn off more calories than you are taking in every day.
Well, with the help of the best 100 calorie snacks, you can stay on course. You can easily track your calories, while satisfying your hunger throughout the day, so you will be less likely to give in to unhealthy cravings for foods that are too high in calories.
Tip: Enjoy the best 100 calorie snacks in between meals so you can keep your energy level up, especially while you are at work. Also, go ahead and have them guilt-free prior to a workout so you can get the energy that you need to power through a tough fat-burning exercise routine.
What Are Some of the Best 100 Calorie Snacks?
- 100 calorie snack packs – 100 calorie snack packs are some of the best 100 calorie snacks on the market, and they’re available under many names. These can help you stay within the right calorie count. They should not eaten every day, as they are often cookies and other dessert items, but they are great when you just need to have something sweet. Use these sparingly.
- Raw veggies with ¼ cup low fat ranch dressing, or any other type of low-fat or fat-free dressing of your choice, for dipping make for one of the best 100 calorie snacks.
- 10 cashews or 10 almonds – this does not sound like much, but nuts are very filling due to healthy fat and protein content, so these are yet another great option when it comes to the best 100 calorie snacks.
- One half an apple with 2 tsp of peanut butter – buy the ‘no sugar added’ or ‘natural’ variety of peanut butter.
- An average sized orange.
- 4 or 5 ounces of low fat cottage cheese – salt and pepper for extra flavor if needed.
- Small baked potato – can add small dollop of fat free sour cream if you wish – no more than two tablespoons.
- Three cups of unbuttered, air-popped popcorn (check portion size according to the brand).
- Five ounces of fat free (low fat may do as well) of unsweetened or natural yogurt.
- Small salad – no more than five ounces total and concentrate on lettuce, cucumber, tomato and ¼ cup of low fat dressing.
- 10 baby sized already-peeled carrots. These may only contain five to ten calories each piece.
- Cucumber and celery sticks – or any green vegetable for that matter (usually no measurement required as they are very low in calories).
- Regular sized banana.
- Half a cup of fruit salad – be careful with portion size.
- One hard boiled egg – two if they are small.
- Celery stalk with one tablespoon of fat free cream cheese or natural peanut butter added.
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, or ½ cup of sweetened.
- 1 cup of grapes.
- 8 peeled shrimp with 4 tablespoons of cocktail sauce.
- ½ small, plain bagel.
Additional Snacking Tips
According to Express, in addition to consuming the best 100 calorie snacks, there are other tips to consider in order to ensure you are snacking the right way when you are trying to slim down. And, there are also strategies that you can try in order to prevent yourself from snacking too much.
For example, consider brushing your teeth after you’ve had dinner. That way, you can prevent yourself from snacking at night, as you definitely won’t want to risk the health of your teeth and gums by going to bed with food particles in your mouth.
Another good idea is to switch up the snacks that you enjoy throughout the week. That way, you won’t get bored of eating the same old thing every day. Plus, this can also help you steer clear of unhealthy cravings for foods that are high in fat, salt, and sugar.
Enjoy the Best 100 Calorie Snacks to Stay on Track!
Now that you have a much better idea of what makes a 100 calorie snack a good addition to your diet, you can make smarter choices that will allow you to stay on the right course towards shedding the excess weight and keeping it off for the long run.