Weight Loss Using Hormone Balancing Therapy
Obesity is an enormous problem in the United States and a large amount of the developed world. In fact, it is now being referred to as an increasingly dangerous major health issue. However, just because a person is obese, it doesn’t mean that the individual doesn’t have any self-control or isn’t trying very hard to lose the weight.
In the case of people who are middle aged or older, there are some significant health issues popping up that make it difficult for these people to keep their weight down and stable. Experts are now seeing that in many cases, this is the result of a hormonal imbalance. This being said, by re-balancing their hormones, it makes it much more possible for them to begin shedding the extra pounds.
That’s right, weight loss using hormone balancing therapy is possible. To learn more, keep reading.
Hormones Change with Age, but You Can Work on Balancing Them
Hormones within individuals earlier in life don’t resemble the balances seen later in life in many ways. Increasingly, though, young people are experiencing these same problems because they are going through hormonal imbalances as well.
It is also important to note that hormones can have big impacts on your physical health, as well as your emotional and mental health, according to Healthline. Beyond that, hormones can affect your appetite and your mood, and that can cause you to gain weight if you end up eating more or turning to food for comfort.
Remember, hormones are chemical messengers, and when imbalances occur, various changes, including weight gain, can happen throughout your body. Thankfully, there are steps that you can take to change your lifestyle and diet for the better, and one of those steps involves weight loss using hormone balancing therapy.
Hormones Can Affect Things Like How Much You Weigh
It may not seem like much, but hormones can make an incredible difference in whether or not a proper diet and adequate exercise will actually allow weight to come off. Hormones play a significant role in both weight loss and weight gain, just as lifestyle plays its own important role.
As mentioned above, hormones also have an impact on the mood we’re in and the amount of energy that we feel as though we have. Therefore, if hormones are out of balance, the metabolism might run slowly and we can feel tired and depressed. These conditions being the case, it is extremely difficult to lose weight until the hormones reach a proper balance and foods can be properly processed and there is enough energy for a proper activity level.
Hormones are chemicals secreted by the body in order to give various organs or cells messages to function in certain ways. There are organs produced by or received by just about every organ system in the body. Hormone secretions happen directly into the bloodstream, using the blood to travel from their point of secretion to their destination. They signal the time to begin different kinds of bodily functions, which is why many people turn to weight loss using hormone balancing therapy.
For example, hormones are able to:
- Activate (or hamper) the immune system
- Stimulate (or hinder) growth
- Prepare the body for a new phase – for example, puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- Regulates reproductive cycles
- Controls the metabolism
Weight Loss Using Hormone Balancing Therapy: How to Do It
Here are some of the methods that you can try if you are hoping to achieve weight loss using hormone balancing therapy:
- To boost insulin sensitivity and reduce the levels of insulin in your body, make it a point to exercise regularly. Physical activity will also help you burn more calories to lose weight too. Note: you can also improve insulin levels by drinking green tea.
- Adrenaline and cortisol can be affected by your stress level, and it’s just one reason why stress can lead to weight gain. So, it’s important to try to reduce your stress level.
- Eat the right amount of calories for your unique body. If you do not end up eating enough, the hormone cortisol, known as the stress hormone, will go up, and this will cause weight gain. On the opposite end, if you end up eating too many calories every day, insulin sensitivity will be reduced and insulin levels will rise.
- Get enough sleep! This is so important to the balance of a variety of hormones, including cortisol, insulin, growth hormone, leptin, and ghrelin. Just another way to enjoy weight loss using hormone balancing therapy.
Weight Loss Using Hormone Balancing Therapy May or May Not Work for You
Weight loss using hormone balancing therapy is still being researched but results so far suggest that it may not be an effective method for people to lose weight. Although hormones can affect metabolism, energy and mood, the overall amount that they contribute to body weight is still not fully understood but is suspected to be rather minor when compared to poor diet and a lack of exercise.
Some people, particularly women in their menopause years, may experience weight loss with hormone balancing therapy. If you suspect your hormones may be affecting or limiting your ability to lose weight, you may want to explore hormone balancing therapy with you doctor.
Perhaps you’ll want to give the strategies above a try if you want to achieve weight loss using hormone balancing therapy. That’s the only way to determine if it will truly work for you. If you are unable to lose weight, and you are having a hard time, despite your efforts at eating right and exercising, definitely consult with your physician for personalized tips.