5 Quick Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise
Though we may have the very best of intentions, in the end you need to motivate yourself to exercise. It may sound silly, but if you aren’t being proactive and thinking of how to trick yourself into loving your workouts, then you likely won’t stick with them. You may start out strong, but success is all about finding ways of keeping yourself with the program even when you struggle. It’s about thinking through what works for you so that you know what it takes to motivate yourself to exercise as an individual. When you get to that point, you will really love exercise, and what it can do for you, so much more. Here are some great ways to stick with your program:
1. Find a workout partner: This can really work well since you have somebody to motivate you and you can motivate them, too. There is a certain sense of accountability when you know you have to meet up with somebody to workout, so you tend to stick with it. You can set goals together or just find great company in your workouts. Either way, it will really help you in the long run.
2. Post pictures or other inspirational items: If you want to motivate yourself to exercise, then you may need some visual reminders. Post a picture of how you want to look or what you looked like in the past and want to get back to. Post inspirational quotes or sayings, or even a picture of an outfit you want to get into. Find something that motivates you and post a picture that you will see often to help you stick with your exercise program.
3. Write down your goals and revisit them often: Goal setting may be the most important way of keeping yourself motivated along the way. Write down simple goals, like how many times per week you want to work out or different exercises you want to try. Whatever goals you pick, just use them to keep you going and revisit them often so that you’re on track and ready to take on your workouts each and every time.
4. Reward yourself when you stick with the program: Sometimes the key to motivation is to reward yourself for progress along the way. If you want to stick with the program, then give yourself small rewards. A massage, a new good book, or something fun to keep you feeling good about all of your hard work will always help you. Think of what motivates you and use it often!
5. Find new, fun, and creative ways of working out: To motivate yourself to exercise, you have to make it fun. Variety is the key to success here, so be sure that you are in control of this aspect of fitness. Find new classes, try out a new routine, or even talk to a trainer to get something exciting created. So long as you keep trying new things and adding variety, you will stay motivated and also be successful in your efforts.