18 Healthy Weight Habits to Adopt in 2018
If you want to achieve a slimmer figure and healthy body in 2018, there are a variety of healthy weight habits that you could integrate into your daily life. Check out the tips below to get started.
1. Plan your weekly meals in advance to avoid having to run to the grocery store hungry, pressed for time, and tempted to purchase a frozen meal that’s easy to prepare but not really good for you.
2. Never skip breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day to jumpstart your metabolism, and having a big, healthy breakfast will help keep you fueled up.
3. Schedule in a workout at least three days a week, but do more if you can. Opt for at least 30-minute sessions, and combine cardio and strength training with stretching for the right balance.
4. Consume a few servings of fruits and vegetables every day for improved overall health and improved weight.
5. Limit your intake of sugary beverages and alcohol that cause you to consume excess calories.
6. Get more sleep, as that is the time during which your body can rest and repair itself, as well as work on shedding excess weight naturally.
7. Use smaller dishes to make it easy to reduce portion size while tricking your brain because you are still eating a plate filled with food.
8. Cook more of your meals at home, and use whole, natural ingredients while avoiding processed and packaged foods as much as possible.
9. Drink more water to help your entire body stay hydrated. Drinking water before a meal could also help fill your belly up so that you will eat less.
10. Reduce your intake of animal proteins and opt for plant proteins that are much lower in calories and fat while still packing a nutritional punch.
11. Have healthy snacks throughout the day, such as mixed nuts, dark chocolate, or granola.
12. Find new workout routines to continually challenge your body and keep your muscles guessing.
13. Use a fitness tracker every day to motivate yourself and keep track of progress.
14. Keep a food diary to track what you eat, how much you eat, and where you can make improvements.
15. Avoid distractions, like your TV or smartphone, while you eat. Mindful eating could help you feel fuller sooner and help you eat less.
16. Sit down while you eat, as researchers have found that this could help you eat less.
17. Only purchase healthy foods and snacks to keep in your kitchen. Keep tempting unhealthy foods out.
18. Consider giving your weight loss efforts a boost by taking an over-the-counter weight management supplement like Phentramin-D.
With these healthy habits, you might find that you are able to shed those extra pounds more easily in 2018. Here’s to a healthier, happier you!